Featuring Digital PhotoArt of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue







The Birds of Rainbow Creek

The Birds of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue of Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday Night Special Sunset by: brendasue

Welcome My New Friends!  
Most of you I will never meet in person. I live alone in a cabin in the deep woods not around people. Very likely I will not run into any of you in the woods!
  I will be long gone when some of you arrive at this class. I want you to know it was important to me to venture out on this super highway Internet just to say hello and hopefully inspire you to get outside, take some photos, to live in the here and now of nature.
My adventures have enriched my life.
Through our photography blogs and garden blogs we are building a network of people who want to be good to the Earth and to other Humans. I want my grandchildren to have birds and flowers, butterflies and trees. What do You want? What are your goals for Earth? 
There is really only 2 ways to go on this issue: create habitat for life or create destruction for us all. I am on the side of creating good habitat for Life. I am hoping the sun, the earth and life continues for all.  Together we can make a difference on this Planet!









Patti's Pink Hibiscus                     by:  brendasue


Today we have a guest to Open our Class:






My Son                 by:  brendasue



Let The Class Begin!


Thank you, Bubba, for coming by today and helping me get the rest of the hummingbird  feeders hung!  The Summer Hummers thank you and the class thanks you for the signal to begin. 
(If you know this guy, you do not need to tell him I posted his pic!  He doesn't come to my class, so he will never see it!)


Anyway, Many of my younger friends on facebook have been posting pictures of their kids starting school this week.  My son started school on Monday and by today (Saturday) he has grown up, got married, has a career, has a home, and has a new baby coming in a few weeks!
I do not know how this time warp happened in just one week but it did. This rapid growth of 35 years (or so) happened only to him.  It appears I am still young!


Let's get on with the photostudy!








Sunset of August 27, 2010 Friday Night       by brendasue


The photostudy tonight will feature the setting sun of last night (real time).  I am going forward with documenting the summer Texas sun everyday I can. It is a great show. It is a nice happy hour at the end of the day. Good practice in series shooting with your camera.  I hope you are keeping up with your exercises with your camera. The more you shoot, the better your work gets with that camera. (In my opinion). If the camera stays on the table and you in the chair, you are not going to get that shot!!!  This is all the same sunset. Enjoy!






Our Sun by:  brendasue












On the road again, 77 Sunset Strip (Texas)      by:  brendasue























For Elaine, who likes the barbed wire in the sunset    by:  brendasue













*Note:  I did not paint the sky orange, it came that way into my camera!  I do not use photoshop because I do not know how (yet).












I did try to put the 'eye' of the stay in the sun. You just have to wait until it gets down to the fence!







Do you see what I see?     by:  brendasue














Barbed wire fences are very common in this part of Texas (Waller County)  It is hay growing under the fence. The stiff chain in the middle is called a stay as it helps the strands of barbed wire stay in place. This stay above is a little bent. This type of fencing is not to keep people out as much as it is to keep cows in. People could get through this fence, but most people do not want to walk on others people's property out here. (You will get shot).






Sun kissing the ground                by:  brendasue

My Daddy and I spent time together watching sunsets most of my life. When I was a little girl, Daddy told me that the Sun loved Texas so much that everyday it came out of the sky to kiss the ground.
Now maybe that wasn't exactly true, but it has not harmed me in anyway to believe (still) that the Sun kisses the Earth at Sunset!











Making Hay while the sun shines           by:  brendasue









just because                  by:  brendasue












Don't fence me in       by:  brendasue












Star Wonder, Star Bright             by:  brendasue













Please say that you will    by:  brendasue












Oh won't you stay just a little bit longer      by:  brendasue














Another point of view     by:  brendasue










Hot Tamales      by:  brendasue












Hide and seek in the trees         by:  brendasue












You are the Sunshine of my Life               by:  brendasue














Going, Going, Gone       by brendasue















Sweet Kiss Goodnight to You          by:  brendasue
















Heading Home On A Country Road                      by:  brendasue




This concludes our sunset photostudy. I encourage you to just start shooting stuff and see what you get. You must develop your mind's eye.








Summertime and the living is easy....    by:  brendasue



...this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek.










katescabin@gmail.com




















+

No comments:

Post a Comment