Featuring Digital PhotoArt of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue







The Birds of Rainbow Creek

The Birds of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue of Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas

Monday, August 16, 2010

Glide Over Here and Give Me a Moment! by:brendasue

" I've Got To Let You Know:  Your One Of My Kind"  


And Welcome to Everybody. Hope you are having a good day.  If you are having a bad day, I hope you find some good in it for yourself.  I remember as a child if I was to in to how bad everything was, Mom would say:  Get Outside and Play until you change your attitude.  It always worked then as it does now. In fact, I just decided to stay outside all of the time!  When you get to the point in your life that you live alone as everyone close to you has died or gone, It doesn't matter what kind of attitude you have as nobody sees or cares. The essence of all life is in the struggle to survive. Today, my trees survived because it finally rained.   Yeah!
Okay, let's have a mini nature class. Enjoy!
A special HOWDY to Garden Friends Share Group on Yahoo!






Picone                    by:  brendasue


Faves in my Garden.









Althea                      by:  brendasue


This small flowering tree does great in Texas and blooms throughout our hot summers. This is an old favorite you will see in older areas of Houston. People older than me (yes, there are some) referred to this tree as Rose of Sharon. You can look it up under both names. The one shown here is a single purple/red eye. Bees and hummingbirds love them. They love my shady yard and do well as an understory tree.







Rose of Sharon     by:  brendasue













Kandy Kane                   by:  brendasue

My favorite summer flowering tree is the Crape Myrtle.  The hummingbirds love them also.  I will have many photostudies coming up of this tree. The flower shown above (Kandy Kane) is a miniature crape that will grow to about 10 to 12 feet tall.














Ten points to the first one to comment the name of this creature!        by:  brendasue



Let The Class Begin!










My Square of Sky              by:  brendasue

Kates Cabin has a small sundeck off the back porch.  It is just large enough for a table & chairs and one hammock.  This is the skyview from the hammock. (I know, it is a hard job but somebody has to do it.) Our photostudy today will be on this square of sky and the Silent Gliders that pass above me.




























































































































































































This concludes our photostudy of things that glide by silently in the sky. (My kind of air show, a quiet one!)










Thanks for coming by. I invite you to 'follow' or subscribe (whatever), or leave a comment or question.  Also, I am on facebook.






katescabin@gmail.com











Don't get Fenced In  (always carry wirecutters in your back pocket)     by:  brendasue




...this is brendasue signing off from '77 Sunset Strip' in Texas. Goodnight All.


Here is a little video to remind you to be good to You:






From Rainbow Creek For You







+

No comments:

Post a Comment