Featuring Digital PhotoArt of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue







The Birds of Rainbow Creek

The Birds of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue of Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Photostudy In The Garden: Little Grasshopper & The Althea by: brendasue

Welcome to all Humans.  No Aliens Allowed!


Is it time for your Nature Break?  I invite you to Come On In!





The Althea                by:  brendasue















Let The Class Begin!


(Excuse me, Who Are You and What are You?
Are You An Alien?)

Well, class, it appears this guy is from Wyoming. He was sent by one of the friend's of Kates Cabin, Skipper, to be our guest Class Opener.  I do not know for sure what It Is, but I think
It is a Jack Rabbit!







It is August in Texas and H*O*T*
I have two flowering trees that love this heat. One is a Crape Myrtle.
The other is the Althea. (Some people still call this the old fashioned name: The Rose of Sharon.)








This flower is called a double pink althea.  This particular tree is between the two cabins, so I pass it often during the day while I go back and forth between the two.  Mom's House was 2 story. In her last years it became more difficult for her to walk up the stairs. She would always say when she gets upstairs, she needs something downstairs. Sometimes things she was looking for downstairs, I would find upstairs and vice versa.  Anyway, her dream had been the two story house. I felt it was a nightmare and decided I never ever wanted to spend time going up and down looking for stuff. I never did have a 2 story house. I do have a big set of stairs, but they go to the roof only.
No, the birdbrain here (me), decided to have two houses instead of two stories!  I can tell you I spend alot of time going back and forth looking for stuff. (Must be a certain mental illness that runs in the family;  Look Out Kids!)
Well, On this day, I felt like someone was behind me somewhere looking at me. I turned to find: nothing.  I felt some eyes again so I looked up to see:







This-A little grasshopper looking at Me.
















Little Grasshopper, I see you are eating my Althea flower. 
Good thing I have lots of them!








He is kind of cute!















So, our photostudy today is of this grasshopper and this flower











For the photography students: This is one grasshopper and the same flower throughout the photostudy. Note the way the heavy shade affects the pictures.













































































This concludes our photostudy on the little Grasshopper and the Althea.


Find out the interesting facts about Grasshoppers at the link below:




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grasshopper























You can learn more about the Althea Flowering Trees at the link below:


http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/788/

























....this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek. Thanks for stopping in. Have a good day at your work.









If the Answer is blowing in this Wind, it blew on by!    by:  brendasue





katescabin@gmail.com








+

No comments:

Post a Comment