Featuring Digital PhotoArt of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue







The Birds of Rainbow Creek

The Birds of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue of Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas

Friday, August 13, 2010

The Photos Capture The Bandit in Action! by: brendasue

Hi Everybody:  You are right on time. Come on in and have a seat, take a break and Chill.


I want to take a moment to thank all of you who have written my gmail regarding my forking last week. (See post a week ago).
You were suppose to laugh. I have learned myself well enough to know that weird things are going to happen to me. I have learned how to laugh at myself and the situations I find myself in from time to time. Everyone should learn to do the same!
So last week, I thought I was off to have a great day and I got forked.
Yesterday, I thought I was off to have a bad day and ended up having a great day. You never know what is just around the corner!
My cousin, Marian, called early yesterday morning. She said she thought her husband, my cousin Harry, was having a stroke. She was beside herself and did not know what to do. I said I will be right there. Now I had to drive to Houston which takes an hour from my door to their door. I spent the freeway time in and out of crying. My Dad had died from stroke and I witnessed many of them. I caught him when he fell. I picked him up and carried him to bed when he could not get up. My children and new younger friends are having babies and devoting quite a bit of time to childcare. At the other end of the lifeline, my age group is taking care of their parents. My Dad, who had formerly been the strongest man in the world in my eyes, in his last days became the weakest, childlike dying person. I held him in my arms like a baby as he took his last breath and took off for Heaven. So these were the thoughts I was thinking about as I went to Houston. Cousin Harry is 83 and has been in very good health. I knew too well that one does not plan to have a stroke. Poor Harry, I could not get there fast enough.
When I arrived, I was surprised Harry answered the door like he was okay. Marian was distraught so I went to comfort her. Harry did not want to go to the Doctor or the Hospital. He said he was fine.
He said we should go out to Joe's Crab Shack and have lunch.
At lunch Harry asked Marian what she had said to me to make me come in to town. She related she told me he was having a stroke.  He said he had a pain in his neck and maybe he could have a stroke.
She told him not to use that word again as it scared her.
After determining that no one was dying or having a stroke, we decided to celebrate that we were all still alive!!! Marian got a bucket of Mussels. I got a bucket of crabs and Harry got the grilled Salmon. Our waitress, Sam, and her co workers got up and danced in front of our table. We were clapping and singing along. The lights and the mirrorball were bouncing all over the ceiling. What a great time we had! (I did not use a fork).


I am telling you this story to remind you to celebrate life while you can. It is the simple things that put a smile on your face that seem to hang around on your heart the longest and dearest.  Let's Dance!







The Mirror Ball at Joe's             by:  brendasue







Our Crab Shack         by:  brendasue










Cousin Harry, alive and well                     by:  brendasue

Luv Ya, Cuz!









Cousin Marian getting ready for Mussels                     by:  brendasue



Luv Ya, Cuz!  Thanks for a great day!




Okay, Let's get on to our Class for Friday the 13th!









Water Lily on Rainbow Creek                              by:  brendasue









Tri Colored Heron                   by:  brendasue


Let the Class Begin!






Our Photostudy today will be of a bandit I discovered on the front porch of Kates Cabin.   Enjoy!


































































































































































Busted                   by:  brendasue


This concludes our photostudy for today. I hope you enjoyed the squirrely bandit. Thanks for coming by and come back again.  Remember to Lighten Up your Life and Laugh More.














contact me at:  katescabin@gmail.com











...this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek. 'Night All
















+

No comments:

Post a Comment