Featuring Digital PhotoArt of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue







The Birds of Rainbow Creek

The Birds of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue of Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Photos For You! by: brendasue

Hi Everybody:  Come On In!


Last week, I displayed a photostudy on the Cicada Killer Wasp.  I told you how these wasps hunt the cicadas in August. Today I bring you the Cicada for your Friday Night Special!


Take a break. Absorb some ideas about Nature in this mini-nature Class where there are no Teachers, No Rules, No Tests, No Fees to Enter, No Classrooms. (Come as you are even if it is your pajamas!)







A Rose From My Garden to You     by:  brendasue










I Am Going To Kick Some Cidada Butt    by:  brendasue



Let The Class Begin!













Hi Everyone!  I Am A Cicada     by:  brendasue
















I spend most of my life in Trees and lay my eggs in the branches    by:  brendasue




















































I saw this guy sitting on this tree, so I shot a couple of identifying photos for you. The 'Hunt' is in full Swing here at Kates Cabin. The Killer Wasps are bringing in a bumper crop of cicada!  I really wanted to show you how the Hunter Bee brings the cicada home to the nest. Haven't figured out how to photograph  that flight yet.


Well, you are not going to believe this:  Right after I shot the above photos on the tree, I was standing on the deck trying to think of how to capture this and one Killer Bee Flys over my head with a cicada and falls on the ground in front of me:




Just a blurrrrr, but what I was asking for also, a bee w/cicada    by:  brendasue









The She Bee starts climbing upward with the cicada     by:  brendasue













To the Top of the Railing!   by:  brendasue











































































































































This concludes our photostudy on  Cicada Killer Wasps Carrying their Catch to the house.




katescabin@gmail.com














.....this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek






+

No comments:

Post a Comment