Featuring Digital PhotoArt of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue







The Birds of Rainbow Creek

The Birds of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue of Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Photographing Life and Death Moments at Kates Cabin on Rainbow Creek by: brendasue


Hi Everybody.  Welcome to our living labratory here on Rainbow Creek.  I am offering photostudies of literally my own backyard. I am photodocumenting the living things sharing this small bird sanctuary space with me. In December 2009 ( my dear friend set me up a site on Google and said just put your nature photos on the Blog. (I did not even know what Google was, much less a Blog.
Never had time for the silly machines, always too many chores wherever I have been.)
Anyway, it appears that in the 58 years that I have been digging in the dirt and planting trees and seeds that the Earth has been taken over as everyone feared.
It is now known as Google Earth complete with Google Maps and Apps.
Stores seem to be closing physically but re-opening in this Google World.
Cynthia said my website is like My Store.
My Blog is like a newsletter about my store.
So here we are all on the same page now.
It is my hope that we (humans) will learn more about the living things sharing the planet with us.
Education about these other living things makes them not seem like Aliens.
I also believe we should reassign values to all life and all death. 
For who decides which lives have value and those that do not?
Only Humans assign and voice value.
For who decides which species on the planet is superior over all others?
Only humans make and voice decisions.
For who Acts out to kill at will any other species or each other?
Only Humans.
I hope you will all visit NatureDigital's Google Blogspot and look at his photostudy titled MayDay MayDay...
The reality of the red waters where the whales are slaughtered.
The white seals on the white snow being clubbed to death by humans, red blood staining the snow.
And on and on what we humans do.
I support you, Costas over in Greece. All nature photographers, all gardeners we have quite a job to do.
We have the tools, the camera and the internet, to change perspective in our world.
Today I am bringing you a little spider and fly out of the dark woods on Rainbow Creek.

 



Let the Class Begin!  Let the Class Begin!

Yes!  Rambo has Twins!






Oh my, my...said the Spider to the Fly...






Gotcha






This is all happening on a rose leaf in the garden.





It appears the little spider just killed the big fly for dinner.





















Looks like he had rose leaf salad also.






Looks like the spider is sucking the juice out of the fly.




































Of course he sees me (sticking a black box in his face) and is concerned I might take his fly.
(Not a chance)





Never-the-less he is moving him to a safe place.












Visit the blog of NatureMagnified and Tom names this little spider.
(We do not allow Latin on this site)






My Fly!


































Bye Bye Spider and Fly
This concludes our photostudy for today.






The Sun sets in the west and will come up tomorrow in the east as The Earth circles the Sun.
What is your life was not a straight line (i.e. pointA you are born and pointB you die with a line connecting the two points representing your life.)
What if your life was a circle like the orbit of the Earth, neverending, rather life in the light and death in the darkness, but neverending. Just something to think about.









Goodnight Kate and baby Caroline
Goodnight tired Brandi & Larry
Goodnight Everyone in the whole World!
(Well, Goodmorning Costas in Greece!)

...this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek







No comments:

Post a Comment