Featuring Digital PhotoArt of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue







The Birds of Rainbow Creek

The Birds of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue of Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas

Friday, January 29, 2010

January 29, 2010 Discover Life On Rainbow Creek by: brendasue

FREEZE WARNING COMES TO KATES CABIN TONIGHT. BUDS WILL BE NIPPED BY MORNING!

Hi Everybody! Come on in. We are just getting ready to start today's Nature Study. We are trying to learn more about other lives on this planet that are non-human. We are exploring the common bonds we share as humans, also. One thing we all have the Power To Say is:
"I Wonder".
As in: I wonder what is over that hill, I wonder what will happen if I do this, I wonder if I can catch a photo of a little bug and bring it out of the woods for all to see.....Those two words in any language are exclusively a human thought that can produce a human action or reaction either for good or bad. I wonder if one thought can make a difference in a big world? Time has proven, yes it can.
Let us go up to the rooftop deck where Kay Lonnie is waiting to give the signal to begin our class.


Hi Kay Lonnie. Have you been having a nice afternoon up here? We are ready for the signal.



Good Girl.



What do you mean you want to tell them what you see?



Okay, I will show them, it is a wonderful sunset!



This is what Kay was looking at.



I wonder if I can paint and save that lovely sky?



Here we are back at the entry gate to Kates Cabin from the car corral. Those are all our tall trees in the front yard. They will look very different when the leaves come back.
It was at this open end of the gate on the right where the secret dog hole was that took me down to the ground for the love bug photos of yesterday!


This is the little king. He believes he is the King of Kates Cabin. I believe he is the one who dug the little secret dog hole that nearly finished grandma poppy!



What? You say it was not the sweet little king? It was an armadillo? You are telling a tall texas tale!



This is the little King's front porch. It is open so the birds can fly through!



Here is the front door to the little Cabin. We love to sit out here and watch the birds, year round.



So Welcome to Kates Cabin and I hope you will come back often.
Our photostudy today will be part 2 of yesterdays hoverflies in dance. After the rather odd 'air affair' seen yesterday, the 2 flew (while engaged) away from that purple flower and onto a leaf.
I hope the display will make you wonder, as I do, Do hoverflies feel love as humans do?



































































Wow, Look at the color on that Pansy!



Here come the buzzards home for the night!



They are really big birds. I do not feed these guys. They go out hunting everyday. They eat only dead meat, like humans. They do not cook theirs first!



What was that somebody in the back said? You are beginning to think my buzzards are beautiful? Good! I love these birds.



What? You know that is King Buzz? Yes, you are right! It is King Buzz in the Sunset.



He is taking a sunbath in the hot Texas sun of today.




Here he is looking directly in my eye. Standing here, it feels like he is saying I Love You, brendasue! Have I gone bird-brained crazy? Could this buzzard be in love with me? Could I be in love with him? I wonder if that is possible? People will start calling me the buzzard whisperer.
This could turn into yet another scandal at the bird sanctuary. Oh My.



Well there goes King Buzz, off to his room.



He sleeps in these tall pine trees and watches the sunset everyday.




Goodnite King and Goodnite Kate. Goodnight to Everyone, Everywhere. I Wonder what you are doing today where you are......................brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek.

katescabin@gmail.com P O Box 743, Hempstead, Texas, USA, Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment