Featuring Digital PhotoArt of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue







The Birds of Rainbow Creek

The Birds of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue of Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas

Thursday, January 21, 2010

January 21, 2010 Discover Life At Kates Cabin On Rainbow Creek, A Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas, USA, Earth

CRAZY BIRDWOMAN OF RAINBOW CREEK CAUGHT BASKING IN THE HOT TEXAS JANUARY SUN WITH A BUNCH OF BUZZARDS!


Hi Everybody: Come on up to the roof! Kay Lonnie wants everyone to do a big Stretch before we go any further.


Now Look Up! Welcome to a Nature Class for the World. I am brendasue, your guide around Rainbow Creek. This is Kay Lonnie, a redbone hound, who likes to give the signal for class to begin.


Good Girl, Let the Class Begin:


I have opened up the Bird Sanctuary to all of you so that together we can look at the nature and other living things around us. We have a short photostudy everyday looking at what is happening on the grounds. I hope to inspire you to join me in learning more about the world we live in.


As a Nature Photographer, I hope to share with you my adventures in photodocumenting the creatures living at Kates Cabin. I want to bring this beauty in the woods out for all of you to see.


So, Come enjoy the wonders of Rainbow Creek.
Our Photostudy today will be on the migrating Turkey Vultures staying at Kates for the winter.
Around noon I saw them very high in the sky. They just seemed to be playing in the nice warm air gracing our grounds today. They saw me working in the yard and did some buzz=bys at me!
Then they came down to the sun tree to sun. I grabbed the camera and a coke and went to sit with them. Most birds in the wild would not be comfortable displaying this behavior around people. However, they know me and we are friends. They watch me taking pictures of them. And I watch them as they seem to 'show off' for the camera! Have a look at this extraordinary display of these beautiful birds just enjoying Life!






































There are 25 in this tree today.



The one on the bottom left is facing the sun!



These 2 have their wings to the sun.



King Buzz (my fave) is in the middle.















They displayed like this about 30 minutes.







Look at this guy facing the sun. He is looking at me!








































Here is King Buzz flying up to his bed in the tall pine trees!
Goodnite King and Goodnite Kate--Goodnite Everyone, Everywhere!

You can contact me for more information about Kates Cabin at the following:
katescabin@gmail.com ................................brendasue signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment