Featuring Digital PhotoArt of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue







The Birds of Rainbow Creek

The Birds of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue of Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas

Friday, January 22, 2010

January 22, 2010 Discover Life At Kates Cabin On Rainbow Creek, A Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas, USA, Earth

WELCOME ALL PEOPLE OF THE EARTH



FAMILY TREE DISCOVERED AT RAINBOW CREEK

COME ON UP TO THE ROOF AND JOIN MY WORLD NATURE CLASS

We are following Kay Lonnie Wray up to the Roof of the Cabin where we hold our Nature Class (weather permitting!). I am brendasue watson and I have opened the Bird Sanctuary at Kates Cabin on Rainbow Creek as a worldwide lab where we can discover together more about the planet we live on and more about each other as the humans of the planet.

Kay Lonnie Likes to give the Signal to begin class. Today she wants to welcome the new people that are joining us to Texas and especially to Rainbow Creek. Thank You, Kay-Give the signal!


Wait a minute, you are looking at something? What is it?


Yes about several thousand blackbirds just flew by! My what a noise and what a sight.



Well, that distracted some of the other students, also.


Sissy, Are you ready for class?


Yes, I see you are ready!


Little King, are you ready?



What do you mean you were thinking about skipping class and taking a nap in the sun? Get up to the roof!


Alright Kay, Here he comes. Let's get started.


What Now?


You thought you heard our company drive up? Well, give the signal and I will go look!


Let the Class begin! (finally)


Our class today will be over here in the front yard of Kates Cabin. The cabin is surrounded by this 6ft privacy fence. As it is winter, all the leaves are down off the trees.


And our company has arrived! It is Cousin Harry and Marian from Houston.



They have come to see the January Birds that are at Kates today.


This is my cuz Harry and my best frien Marian. (part of buster). They have been through every step of me creating the bird sanctuary and building the cabin. After 2 long years, this will be our first overnight guests (not counting kids & grandkids).
Our photostudy today will be on the birds at the feeding station. I hope you will put out a feeder or feed where you are. They are so cute and fun to photograph. Come sit with us and Watch the Birds!














Harry is my Dad's cousin which makes him my second cousin. My Dad's Mother and Harry's Mother were sisters. Marian loves the birds. She especially wanted to see the goldfinches. I think her favorites are the cardinals who live here year round.






































While we are watching the birds, Harry is relating to me family stories. He is passing me a torch. I am to watch over the family cemetery and remember everyone. Dad and Mom passed me torches, too.













I promise, Cuz.






There are many different birds here, but they are all Birds.






















There are many different trees here, but they are all Trees.



On Earth, there are many different people, but we are all Humans. In that respect, we are all Cousins, all Family. I feel better knowing you are out there. Come back again for a chat.
................................signing off from Rainbow Creek, I am brendasue.......katescabin@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment