Featuring Digital PhotoArt of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue







The Birds of Rainbow Creek

The Birds of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue of Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas

Friday, September 17, 2010

Hello World, This Is Houston: We Have A New Arrival On Earth! by: brendasue

Hi Everybody:  Come hear my great news!







Today around 4 this afternoon, my first born Grandson arrived on Earth landing in the strong arms of my Son and breathing just fine in Earth's atmosphere!
Please share in my Joy of welcoming another human to Earth to live with all of us. (Help me get this Planet cleaned up for their future).


A quick note to my new Grandson:  Bryan Michael, I am Grandma Poppy and here in all my pages you will find your homework for all of school! (With Photos)!!!    I Love You.


Welcome to Earth.    September 16, 2010











flowering quince

I talked to my Daughter in San Antone today  and she mentioned that she had a flowering quince that was blooming. She said:  Isn't that weird?   The quince is a shrub that usually is one of the first to bloom out in Spring. (In this part of Texas, they bloom in January)
A fall bloom is unusual, but not unheard of. The new late bloom will be minimal blooms at best and short-lived.  This fall bloom can happen to any tree, but over the years, I have observed this most often with fruit trees. (they do not set fruit).  In my area, pear trees probably have the most surprise bloom.  In my yard, my apple tree has done this before only once. I can not tell you the specific reasons this happens. In general, I can say this usually happens in September (in S. Texas) and seems to be triggered by the new shortened daylight of fall, the few degrees cooler it is, and a pretty good weather event. We had a large rain accumulation event a couple of weeks ago. So there you go, now you know!
(Honey, I did go look at my quinces and have no blooms. Enjoy your fall blooms. I do have a tulip magnolia, Galaxy, with the surprise bloom.  It is not a fruit tree, but also an early bloomer in spring).


Our Photostudy today is of the sunset. Many thanks for the kind comments from my new photography friends on my Picasa Web Albums. I am glad you are enjoying a small view of Texas!  I enjoy traveling through your photos, also. Together we can make a difference on this Planet!


It was a Hot Texas Day. Enjoy!!!















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Goodnight Everybody and Good Rest!


























....this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek.


(I will return on Monday to this post. There is someone I am going to go kiss hello!)   Have a good weekend!








katescabin@gmail.com


















+

No comments:

Post a Comment