Featuring Digital PhotoArt of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue







The Birds of Rainbow Creek

The Birds of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue of Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Battle at Kates Cabin (a real Humdinger!) by: brendasue

+


Hello World.  Come On In----Battle Today
At Kates Cabin on Rainbow Creek!














Hummingbird Wall at Kates Cabin on Rainbow Creek    by:  brendasue


Welcome Everyone! Thanks to all of you who are visiting my Picasa Web Albums and commenting on the new Butterfly Edits I have done in Picasa.  These Butterlies are getting ready for flight to the Bluebonnet Herb Farms in Hempstead, Texas where they will hang on the walls until some of you go choose one to take home or give as a gift. I am marking these at a low price so anyone who wants one for a nice nature gift will be able to afford them. (Other Artists have their photography showcased on some of these walls (which is very nice work, but priced so high). I am making a sincere effort with the Butterfly Specials to make art affordable again for All.  In the old days, photographers had to spend alot of money on film, printing processes, equipment, and traveling to find Nature shots. Enlargements are pretty costly. 


Today, I do not use film so there is no need to charge you for things I am not doing. I have my own printer, so I can come down on the printing. (For my new students getting into photography, you should know this could be an expensive hobby.) The ink and the high quality photo paper are expensive (to me), but still come out saving on printing at the print shops. I have a high quality Canon Printer which was affordable for a home printer. Framing can also be expensive and one can get carried away with all of this!


So, you will be able to find My New Butterflies in the 8 x 10 size, unframed, for a bargain basement price at Bluebonnet Herb Farms.
(I will be putting some out on Saturday 9-25).  That way you can select a frame of your choice somewhere and have a nice gift for you or anyone.)  I will have framed gifts available also.


 The Reverend Forde has put a blessing on each of my photos and the homes they go to.. (She also blessed my hands and eyes so I could bring Nature's beauty to all of the World.) As you know, things do appear in front of my camera.


If you get a chance to come to Hempstead, stop buy and say hi, have some lunch and look around at all the plants. (Time to plant herbs and shrubs). Bluebonnet is open Mon through Saturday. Closed Sundays. Here is the phone:  979-826-4290.  
Here is the link:


www.bluebonnetherbfarms.com/




And here is the photostudy today: Battles of the Hummingbirds!
Enjoy!






The Summer Hummers fly in and out of the lattice wood and 'windows'!
 by:  brendasue

A Tip for Nature Photographers:


Create an outdoor Studio at Your Place and have the Nature come to you!  I cannot tell you how great the rewards are for creating your own Garden Spaces for Photo Ops! I just go out the door and sit in the rocking chair on the porch and shoot the Hummers! I have created a perfect place for the hummers that fit their specifications-lots of crape myrtle trees, lots of hummingbird feeders (30), and lots of flowers they love that bloom at this time of year. They go from feeder to flower equally. But the little birds seem to enjoy "claiming' a feeder for their own and they have major battles over the feeders!
(They may look sweet and fragile, but you will see in our photostudy today, The Violence!)  Enjoy!





A Mallow blooming today at Bluebonnet Herb Farms    by:  brendasue




Let The Class Begin!















Posted by Picasa



Enjoying a peaceful drink (for the moment)




(The above photos were edited in Picasa.)







The hummingbirds can fly really fast   by:  brendasue















They try to stab each other in the throat














Flying in for a Snack!

They also use their long beak like a straw to such up the nectar from the ports.










Perfect landing and always watching the other birds!
















Elvis is about to get smacked!










He won that battle and came back for a drink!















The new arrival. (look at his little 'boots')










His neck spots have not turned to rubies yet denoting a young male. They get their rubies as they get older.
(Ruby-throated hummingbirds)











Attack coming from above!  Look Out!













A quick drink break before the fights resume!
















What a great day!

In the background behind this feeder is a peach tree, a purple leaf plum tree among the crape myrtles. The birds prefer these smaller branches to sit on and watch their feeder!











Flying in when noone is there!
























He sees somebody coming!
















It is Elvis!










The new bird flys over and smacks Elvis off the feeder!













Now he enjoys victory. King of the feeder! (Until Elvis circles back around!


This concludes our photostudy for today.  If you are here in real time, then I apologize for the late post.  I try to post this column at midnight for all my friends on the other side of the Earth. If I was working for someone else, I would be fired for falling asleep at my desk last nite around 12:00. But I am not fired, just tired!
I had to get up early to finish this as cousin Harry will call in a complaint if he does not have 'his' blog with his coffee!
Good Morning Cousin Harry--here are your favorite hummers!


 Good Morning  all America and Goodnight other side of the World!
(It is a big earth)




...this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek


Have a Good Day, Everybody!














katescabin@gmail.com


















+

No comments:

Post a Comment