Featuring Digital PhotoArt of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue







The Birds of Rainbow Creek

The Birds of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue of Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG AND WORLD NATURE CLASS AT KATES CABIN ON RAINBOW CREEK IN TEXAS

WELCOME  PHOTOGRAPHY STUDENTS & NATURE LOVERS TO OUR BIRD SANCTUARY IN WALLER COUNTY, TEXAS




REDBUD TREES ARE IN FULL BLOOM NOW



Let the Class Begin and Here Comes the Leaves!
(yes, a little birdie told us so!)



To My Naked Trees, We Say Goodbye
And to the new Green:  Hi





This is a Bald Cypress Tree stretching to the sky



I just love this guy!




I am a day late and a dollar short;  again, as my Dad would say.
When your Parents are gone from the Planet, You remember even more what they used to say.  I wish I could go read a blog that my Mom or Dad wrote, but they did not have blogs back then.
I am comforted knowing that if my kids miss me, they can always come back here to see what I did today and had to say.




I better say here "I Love You" (for the futures sake!)
I planted this Bald Cypress as a seedling 8 years ago. Now he is taller than me! These are the only tree I know of that have Knees!




Rambo just got back to the nest from a very short lunch break with a tasty spring frog. She does not leave the nest for very long.


No signs of babies yet as Rambo prepares to 'sit' some more.





Rambo puffs out all of her feathers to warm the eggs.




Then she stretches out her wings and tail feathers and sits down, covering the whole top of the nest.



Here comes superbuzz checking out a redbud..




He is drinking all the sweet nectar inside the flowers. (The flowers will make more for tomorrow)




These Redbud Trees put on a Spectacular Show for just a few days,
and then they are gone and unnoticed until next year.
I have them planted everywhere along Rainbow Creek.
Every year I spread the seeds down the creek.



There is superbuzz taking off for the night and heading home to his hive.  Goodnight Superbuzz!




Another Sunset behind Rambo's Nesting Pine Tree.
Standing on my Rooftop, this is what I see.
Thanks for joining me

Goodnight Rambo & Goodnight Kate
Goodnight Everyone, Everywhere

........brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek




No comments:

Post a Comment