Featuring Digital PhotoArt of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue







The Birds of Rainbow Creek

The Birds of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue of Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas

Monday, March 8, 2010

CABIN IN THE TEXAS WOODS AVAILABLE TO GUESTS APRIL1, 2010

CAMPING OUT WITH THE BIRDS!
Welcome People of Earth (okay-And Aliens, Too)
Come on in to our World Class of Nature Studies & Photography Ideas.



Look at This:  Another dead stick pops out with New Life!
This is called a Purple Leaf Plum Tree. One of my personal favorite trees, it is also a fave to the summer hummers. (hummingbirds).
Before we go any further into Class, let me just clarify a few things for the new people who are just joining the class.
You have reached the page of Brendasue's  Nature of Rainbow Creek Class. If you thought this is a scientific site, go ahead and click off now as it is nothing about science here. In fact,Latin is not even allowed on the site.  Go see my friends at discoverlife.org if you are looking to identify anything as that is where I go.
If you thought this was the site of a professional photographer, wrong. Go see my friend Dougbox@aol.com for classes as that is where I go.
Now if you have come here to just hang out and see what kind of life is living on Rainbow Creek, Bingo, You have arrived at Kates Cabin, A Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas, USA, Earth!
We have a mini photostudy story about what is happening here.
We have an animal give the signal to begin the class. (Usually, it is Kay Lonnie Wray, a star redbone hound, who is asleep and can not be disturbed right now.) (Must be nice)

Let the Class Begin!  (Thank you, King Buzz)



Here is another shot of the purple leaf plum tree that just popped yesterday. The new pretty purple leaves will remain that color until next fall. It's fruit is a little red plum. Yum, Yum, Yum!

The bees must come pollinate the flower before a plum can be made.



The camp cabin is not even officially open and we have more guests today. These tall pines are behind the cabin on the creek. Our guests are at the top of the tree in the center of the photo.  I can't see them either. That is why I got a zoom lens on my Canon Powershot SX10IS. (which I love as my grab & go camera).


Can you see him now?


If you are ever in the woods and feel like there are 100 eyes watching you, let me just tell you There Are at least 100 eyes watching you!  Everywhere in the woods.


Fortunately, in Texas, I am not likely to run into any Lions, Tigers or Bears (oh my).


These guys are Texas Turkey Vultures and they live in these pine trees in the winter months. Down here, we just call them buzzards. They know and watch me and I know and watch them. I do not feed them, although I did accidentally run over a little squirrel last week. This is called hanging out with the buzzards.
They do this on pretty sunny days late in the morning when they are not out hunting for lunch.

He is missing a tail feather. I found it on the ground. They have big feathers.



Here you can see they have big wings also. They fly very high in the sky and spend most of their flight time gliding on the breezes. They seem to play with each other.


I will name this shot:  Reach Out and Wing Someone!


How about:  Don't Wing Me if You Don't Mean It, Sweetheart! (yes I use alot of American slang words and period song titles as that is what happens when your life goes to the birds!)


Between A Wing and a Prayer?


How about:  Winging It?

You are the Wind Beneath My Wings?


A wingawet, a wingawet, a wingawet.......In the jungle, the mighty jungle, a lion sleeps tonite! Okay Okay



Here is my fave buzzard:  King Buzz.


He is a very big and grand bird.

Turning on a branch



To say to all the People of the World:


Hello from Rainbow Creek!


Goodnight King and Goodnight Kate.  Goodnight to Everyone, Everywhere
Go Shoot a Bird (With a Camera, Never a Gun)

..................brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek.  Happy Buzzard Day!

Questions? Topics? Answers? Tell Me At:  katescabin@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment