Featuring Digital PhotoArt of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue







The Birds of Rainbow Creek

The Birds of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue of Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas

Friday, March 5, 2010

CAMP CABIN IN THE TEXAS WOODS AVAILABLE SOON


GREETINGS TO THE WORLD!  COME ON IN.



Five Pear Trees popped today. It is warming up during the daylight, but once the sun goes down, it is still cold. 



Let the Class Begin! (Casper said it was his turn to give the signal)



I walked out to the street this morning looking at the sunrise. I glanced across and noticed something on top of that big tree in the center of pic.  (Once you have started watching birds for awhile, you will find you are always looking up!)


I knew right away who it was and went to get my camera even though it as still a bit early to shoot.
I want you to notice how this bird blends into the tree top.  He is hidden away watching everything below.
We will see if you know who he is yet after hanging out in my class!


The rays of the rising sun just barely glance his darkness.


He is so 'kingly' and has confided to me that he feels he should replace the bald eagle as America's mascot.



Good Morning up there on your lofty perch!



Where are you?





Well, there he is.  I opened my arms outstretched to him (because that is what some Indian guy told me to do if I wanted to learn to communicate with these birds).  Anyway, I opened my arms as if I had wings.




And he opened his wings to me as if he had arms.



And he called out to me.



Then he moves facing left and turns back to facing right.  So I do the same thing from side to side.  (It is really a good thing there are no cars on this street. What would people think if they saw a nutty old lady standing in the street dancing with a bird that is dancing on top of a tree?  Well, they would think I was nuts. But that is what I am doing.)


And as you can see in these photos, that is what he is doing also. There are no other birds in sight, and there are no other people either (thank goodness).



It feels good that he is communicating with me. It is great that he is not afraid of me.




This is a very large bird and I really like him.  Yet I do not want him to try to come land on me. We have a good thing going from a distance!




Has anybody ever had a bird do this display to them?  Maybe I am a nut. But the old Indian guy was right.



I can hear my photographer friends yelling I should have used a off camera flash! But I like the way the morning sun glances off of the wing tips.



What a great morning.




What a great Earth.




What a great bird.  Thank you, King Buzz! (You knew it already, didn't you?)





And with that he is off for a hunt with his winged friends  See you tonight when you get home to the tall pines.
This concludes our photostudy for today on waking up with the King!




Goodnight King and Goodnight Kate,



Goodnight Everyone, Everywhere. I wish for all my new friends around the earth that we find a better way to make it a better day tomorrow. Get your camera. Shoot your space and share your place!  Or at least feed a bird today!

.............this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek          C Ya!


katescabin@gmail.com
snail mail:  P O Box 743, Hempstead, Texas 77445



No comments:

Post a Comment