Featuring Digital PhotoArt of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue







The Birds of Rainbow Creek

The Birds of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue of Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Photographers-(Pro & No)- Enjoying Spring Fling With Their Cameras!

Spring Birds and Spring Blooms-Great Photo Op!



Welcome Everybody to our World Nature Class
We are learning about the living things we find around Rainbow Creek at the Bird Sanctuary. I am photodocumenting all I find for research photos and this book we are writing daily for Kate (my grandaughter), and for all of us to at least look at Nature through my view and photoart. I am a grandma photographer with a lightweight point and shoot hand held camera so I can pick it up and Go!  I greatly admire beautiful photos with great camera equipment, but I will not be doing that on this site. I am competing with no one in this format to be the best photo or whatever.
I am simply bringing to You
Life from the darkness of my Woods to Share. Enjoy.




This is a Knock Out Rose. They are very hardy shrubs with blooms from spring till frost.

Today our photostudy will be on things that are green and new.




These are the first new leaves of a Mimosa Tree. These trees are found in this area, naturally along creek beds. They will bloom in may with feathery looking pink flowers. I love these trees, but some old timers call them trash trees as they are short lived, prone to broken branches, and travel through the roots and seeds, spreading this little tree everywhere. Today, the new leaves were dancing in the wind!























































This is what the front of Kates Cabin looks like on the rural road.





On this other side is the wild woods. The white flowers are on a wild ligustrum (I think).
























There is a little red bee on this flower.




The anthers with the yellow pollen tips look pretty cool on this flower.




The bee is very small and just walking around on the flower.





Hello Little Bee!




Hello, Class

.



This concludes our photostudy today on green things.




This is the first Purple Lady Banks Rose Bloom. Thousands more coming




I found this jewel down on the Lake.

Goodnight Everybody and Goodnight Kate

...this is brendasue signing off  from Rainbow Creek







1 comment:

  1. It always good to see your beautiful photographs Brendasue..
    Have a great week..
    Costas

    ReplyDelete