Featuring Digital PhotoArt of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue







The Birds of Rainbow Creek

The Birds of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue of Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Photographers: "Come Into The Darkroom To See The Light" by: brendasue

Out of Darkness, someone said: 'Let There Be Light'





When Humans saw the Light, Someone said:  'Let there be a tool to record light, and then there were cameras'.



Then someone said: 'Let there be a crazy lady who will build a bird sanctuary and record light images', and I was born!

Well, maybe it wasn't exactly like that, never-the less, I am here, the Light is here, a Camera is here and we are on the front porch I built with a clear roof to see the light and birds!

And now You are here to be inspired. Welcome




We are starting on the front porch today to get another glimpse of our newest little guest.




And here is Buzzbee to start the Class.
Let the Class Begin!




We are down at Rainbow Creek in a dark and cold place to see a Surprise.
(No, it is not the baby birds yet!)

I had not been down to the creek for a week or so as I have been busy in the front beds with the spring bloom. On March 28, at twilight and in the rain, I ventured down to the Creek just to have a look around. Of course I had the camera with me, which was good as I could not believe what I saw. I have posted these darker pictures on purpose as I want you to feel as I did when you start going, 'What is It?' I will tell you up front that most people will not know what this Is. I have been a gardener all my life and know most of the plants & trees that grow in zone 9. I did not know this. I could not believe it was real. Yet, here it was in front of me at the end of light of day, growing up out of the dirt down by the creek.  I did not plant it.
The Light down by the dark Creek plays tricks on the mind and the camera at twilight.
Tonight, I will present the 'Dark Side".
Tomorrow in Part 2, I will present the Views in the Light and the Identity of the Mystery Guest.
So you have until the next Post tomorrow to see if any of you whippersnappers know what this is!
If you do know, post it on a comment here on the blogger site! (I am betting against you knowing!).
As usual, there are no prizes, grades or tests


Enjoy the Photostudy Today (Part 1)
















































































































to be continued......

....this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek




Goodnight Kate and Everybody


1 comment:

  1. I have seen it before Brendasue.. We have it here also.. its some kind of carnivore plant. Smelling bad, when fully grown, to attract and catch flies and other insects..
    I think that is what it is,, and i m not sure what exactly it is called.
    Waiting for your new post to tell us more..
    Costas.

    ReplyDelete