Featuring Digital PhotoArt of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue







The Birds of Rainbow Creek

The Birds of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue of Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Camera Adventure for the Hobbyists: Flower the World (Online and Outside)

CAMERA OWNERS, PHOTOGRAPHERS, GOOGLE SITES-BLOGGER; PICASA WEB ALBUMS,
EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD:
GRAB YOUR CAMERA GEAR AND GO CATCH THE BEAUTY OF THIS SPRING 2010!
SHOOT IT,  POST IT, SHARE YOUR SPRING.
TOGETHER WE CAN LINE THIS INTERNET SUPERHIGHWAY WITH FLOWERS AND TREES AND JOYS OF NATURE!




Why Bother?  (you might say)

My reply would be: Why Not?




Good Evening Class, Come on in. Sit and have some sweet iced tea with me.
This is the front yard of my cabin (next door to Kates Cabin here on Rainbow Creek)
I wanted you to see my trees are no longer naked and everything is green again.




Let's go up to the rooftop deck where Kay Lonnie is waiting to give the open class signal.




Kay Lonnie, Where are you? We are coming up for the Class now.




Kay Lonnie, Are you sleeping in the sun?




This is the tree above Kay Lonnie with new leaves!




Well Class, it looks like Kay Lonnie  really got tired waiting on us.
She is out for the count. We will have to get someone else to give the signal today.
Let me see who I can find.
No Volunteers?





Let My World Class Begin!




Pleased to see you, I am brendasue of Rainbow Creek!
(aka: Grandma Poppy)



Welcome to the Bird Sanctuary I built here in the woods in Waller County, Texas.
It is small (one acre) but I have many trees and many birds.
I have been photodocumenting the Living Things around me on Rainbow Creek (at the back of the property)



Here on top of the water of the creek is floating oak pollen that has just fallen from the trees.




I hope to Inspire You to get your camera, take some lessons, then go Explore the Nature of the World Around You.




I look for things through my camera that most people never see (as no people are here in the woods.)




You will find your mind opens up to new ideas and new ways of looking at the Earth




This is still just Pollen on the creek.




I like to explore the possibilities of capturing a moment in light,space and time.
Now this Pollen looks like Gold dust at the End of the Rainbow.
And I am just standing here on the pier letting my camera look into the still waters.
It is very quiet with no noises of cars or engines.
The sunlight is dancing in the Trees and dropping to the water.
Many Birds are singing!
I wanted to give you, my friends and Class, the Reflection of my Gentle Moment.




The Photostudy today will be on this little pink flower.




It is a small shrub with small pink flowers about the size of your thumbtip.



It flowers only in the spring at Eastertime (here in zone 9)




It's name is Pink Fowering Almond.





It does not make or smell like Almonds that I have observed.




I am just playing around with my camera and encourage you to try different things.




Most of my childhood Dad would always say that 'I Danced to the Beat of a Different Drummer"
(In other words, not normal!)




One day as I was older, I finally told Dad: "No, I am not Dancing to the beat of a different drummer,




I  Am the Different Drummer!"




Goodnight Punker (who now has 3 eggs in the nest today)
And Goodnight Kate.
Goodnight Everyone Everywhere!


...this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek

'Till we meet again, here is a Rose for you, my friend.




FLOWER POWER TO THE PEOPLE!  HAPPY SPRING! BRENDASUE

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post Brendasue.
    I love the spring colors of the area surrounding the cabin.
    All those flowers.. the green trees.. the creek photographs.. amazing.
    Have a nice day.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brendasue, this is Ren from SlideShare. Stopped by to visit. I didn't see the message you left for me on SlideShare until today. Greetings, Ren

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Ren again. You are absolutely amazing. The pictures your took are simply exquisite!!! Greetings from Maryland, Ren

    ReplyDelete