Featuring Digital PhotoArt of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue







The Birds of Rainbow Creek

The Birds of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue of Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas

Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Blizzard that is Attacking the United States Misses Kates Cabin On Rainbow Creek by Miles!

THANK GOODNESS THE BLIZZARD DID NOT COME TO KATES. As I have never seen a blizzard, I have seen enough photos to know I do not ever need to see one up close. The Birds were a little chilly, starting out the day at 35 degrees. We were blessed with clear blue skies today and a dazzling sun. The kind of days that dreams are made of.


When I won the Original Houston Chronicle's Garden Calendar Cover Competition last year, I was selected out of 42 Finalists. I had three other Photos in those 42 finalists, which was unprecedented. (It certainly blew my Mind!) I am sharing them with you below as they remind me of the beautiful day we had today at Kates. Joy to You.







News for Marthas Bloomers Photo Club: Flowers Everybody:
I have opened yet another photo album for US- Best Flowers. Also one for Best Bees. We should be thinking about spring to get encouraged to finish winter chores in the garden. K9 has some kick butt bee photos I can't wait for all of you to see. K sent me a note he can not get in the album, so I apologize if you have tried already also. I will go back in there and figure out how to unlock it!
If you have a gmail account, you can sign in to any of these things I have created and comment or add photos. So set up your gmail account and come out to play! SAM-I know you have some great flowers-upload!
On a very special note for me; Granddaughter Kate came today with Christmas presents for the birds. She took pine cones, applied peanut butter and rolled them in birdseed. She tied on yarn to hang them in the trees. They were very beautiful and so thoughtful for the birds. Thanks Kate, thanks for coming to play with Grandma Poppy at Kates Cabin on such a fine day!
Now for your viewing pleasure I have added a Real Web Video! =brendasue













No comments:

Post a Comment