Featuring Digital PhotoArt of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue







The Birds of Rainbow Creek

The Birds of Rainbow Creek
by: brendasue of Kates Cabin Bird Sanctuary in Waller County, Texas

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Rambo of Rainbow Creek Flies In On A North Wind for a Portrait! by: brendasue

Welcome Friends Around The World!  Please come join our little Nature Class for a few minutes and take a break!




Last of the Hot Summer Flowers.    (Bougainvillea)











 Rambo flies in from the North on a Cool Breeze!
She circles my Cabin, screaming for me to come outside!















 As soon as she sees me come outside, she lands in the tall Pine Trees.  Can You see her in the above photo?
















 We can see her now. She is hunting by watching the ground to see what moves.  Hawks have very good eyesight and can see a bug moving in the grass from way up there in the tree.

















 Hi Rambo.  You are looking beautiful today!
Rambo is a Red Shouldered Hawk. She was hatched from an egg in a nest in these tall trees 1 1/2 years ago!














It is highly unusual for these birds to be around humans. They live lonely lives, mostly by themselves except in spring when they mate.
For some reason, Rambo has attached to me and comes back to visit even though she does not stay here anymore.















When we hang out together, Rambo mostly cleans her feathers and takes Air Baths! I take pictures. I talk to her and yes, she does talk back. I just do not understand what she is talking about!












We just sit together. She has never come down to earth to be really close. We admire each other from a distance!
















She sometimes sticks her foot out which I assume is a resting time.
You can see she is not on high alert ready to fly off.












Sometimes she waves that foot at me!  I wave at her from the ground. She is not afraid of me moving around or making noise. I whistle loud when she screams! She seems to like that as she will start screaming more!  She can scream loud.












Hello Everybody!  I am Rambo of Rainbow Creek!











She says I love You with her eyes!












There is the foot wave again!












She puffs out her feathers and looks larger than what she is. She is a very big bird compared to the hummingbirds.












She is watching the little King (dog) chase a squirrel. Rambo does eat squirrels, but seems to prefer frogs, snakes, moles (in that order).
She really screams if she has a frog!  Sometimes she flies over the creek close to the water with a snake hanging out of her mouth like a piece of spaghetti.















 Here she is saying:  I have to go now.  See you later!
She stayed about an hour hanging out with me and the King.
Then, on a silent wing, she took off high into the sky until she was just a little black dot on the big blue sky.
Bye Rambo!
















I caught another Texas Sunset for You!  Enjoy!
















































































And so ends another day.  Goodnight All.    Sweet Dreams!



















.....this is brendasue signing off from Rainbow Creek
















katescabin@gmail.com








www.bluebonnetherbfarms.com












O+O

No comments:

Post a Comment